Collective Excitations and Fermi-Liquid Effects in 4HE and 3He-4He Films
This contribution reports on recent progress in the development of a uniform picture for non-uniform quantum many-body systems. We give a brief account of the optimized Hypernetted-Chain (HNC/EL) theory and its implementation for non-uniform systems. The theory is applied to films of 4He atoms adsorbed to a substrate and to 3He-4He mixture films. We discuss the structure of collective excitations and their transition from the thin, surface-mode dominated to the thick, zero-sound dominated films. We calculate properties of 3He-impurities in the films and study the interaction of such atoms with both the background and other impurities.
KeywordsHelium Atom Collective Excitation Dispersion Branch Dynamic Structure Function Quasiparticle Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Contributions by F. Gasparini, H. Godfrin, R. B. Hallock, and 11.-J. Lauter to these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 3.H.-J. Lauter, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 4.A. D. Jackson, Ann. Review Nucl. Part. Sci33 (1983) 105.Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Chin and E. Krotscheck, Phys. Rev. Lett (submitted).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Stringari, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Ceperley, private communication.Google Scholar
- 10.E. Feenberg, Theory of Quantum Fluids ( Academic, New York, 1969 ).Google Scholar
- 21.R. B. Hallock, these procedings.Google Scholar