Isolation and Sequence of a tRNAGly (CCC) from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)
A tRNA species from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) was isolated and sequenced. The tRNA has a glycine specific anticodon CCC. The GC-content of the sequenced tRNA 55%, is much lower than the average of 74% GC for Streptomyces genomes, but similar to glycine tRNAs from other bacteria.
KeywordsAspergillus Nidulans Pyruvate Carboxylase Streptomyces Griseus tRNA Sequence Initiator tRNA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bergey’s Manual of Determinative Bacteriology. R.E.Buchanan & N.E.Gibbons (eds.) 8th edition, 1974, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore.Google Scholar
- Krupp, G., and Gross, H.J. 1983, Sequence analysis of in vitro 32P-labeled RNA. in: “The modified nucleotides in transfer RNA,II.” P.F. Agris and R.A.Kopper (eds.) Alan R. Liss, New York.Google Scholar
- Okanishi, M., Ohta,T., and Umezawa, H. 1970, Possible control of formation of aerial mycelium and antibiotic production in Streptomyces by episomic factors. J.Antibiot. 23: 45.Google Scholar
- Sprinzl,M., Hartmann,T., Weber,J. Blank, J., and Zeidler, R. 1989, Compilation of tRNA sequences and sequences of tRNA genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 17: rl.Google Scholar
- Thompson, C.J., Ward, J.M., and Hopwood, D.A. 1982, Cloning of antibiotic resistance and nutritional genes in Streptomyces. J.Bacteriol. 152: 668.Google Scholar