Selective Inducers of the Coh-Locus Enhance the Metabolisms of Coumarin- and of Quinoline-Derivatives but Not That of Naphthalenes
The Coh-locus is a gene area on mouse chromosome 7 which was described first by Wood and Conney in 1974 (Wood, et al.) from breeding experiments. The name was coined because the gene locus was characterized by using coumarin as substrate for cytochrome P-450 (Coh = coumarin 7-hydroxylase). Later Wood and Taylor (1979) distinguished two forms of the locus, one coding for a cytochrome P-450 with low activity towards coumarin (Cohl in B6-mice) and another coding for a high activity variety of the coumarin 7-hydroxylase (Cohh in D2-mice).
KeywordsEthyl Ether Molecular Activity Standard Inducer Hepatic Microsomal Protein Hepatic Microsomal Monooxygenases
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen, C.F.H., and Gates, J.W. (1955). o-n-Butoxynitrobenzene (ether, butyl-onitrophenyl). Org. Syntheses Coll III, 140–141.Google Scholar
- Feil, F., Tegtmeier, M., Netter, K.J. (1990). Ethyl ethers of 2-naphthol and 7quinolinol in comparison to that of umbelliferone as substrates of the murine hepatic monooxygenase system. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch. Pharmacol. 341, Suppl: A24.Google Scholar
- Hahnemann, B., Kühn, B., Heubel, F. and Legrum, W. (1989). Selective induction of coumarin hydroxylase by N-containing heteroaromatic compounds. Arch. Toxicol. 13, Supp1: 297–301.Google Scholar
- Kling, L., Legrum, W. and Netter, K.J. (1985). Induction of liver cytochrome P-450 in mice by Warfarin. Comparison of Warfarin-, Phenobarbitone-, and Cobalt-induced hepatic microsomal protein patterns by PAGE after partial purification on Octyl-Sepharose CL-4B. Biochem. Pharmacol. 34, 85–91.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Legrum, W., Stuehmeier, G. and Netter, K.J. (1979). Cobalt as a modifier of microsomal monooxygenase in mice. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 48, 195–204.Google Scholar
- Legrum, W., Hahnemann, B., and Mangoura, S.A. (1988). Selective inducers of hepatic coumarin metabolizing monooxygenases - A new type and principle of induction. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch Pharmacol. 337, Suppl: R14.Google Scholar
- Mangoura, S.A., Strack, A., Legrum, W. and Netter, K.J. (1989). Indium selectively increases the cytochrome P-450 dependent 0-dealkylation of coumarin derivatives in male mice. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch. Pharmacol. 339, 596–602.Google Scholar
- Netter, K.J. (1960). Eine Methode zur direkten Messung der O-Demethylierung in Lebermikrosomen und ihre Anwendung auf die Mikrosomenhemmwirkung von SKF 525-A. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch. Pharmacol. 238, 292–300.Google Scholar