Knowledge Based Tools for Reusable ADA Software
Based on a research program at Georgia State University on software reusability and metrics, an investigation is being made into library tools for managing Ada Reusable Software Components (RSC’s). The effort is directed towards the development and evaluation of library tools that will be useful in managing libraries of Ada RSC’s. A major focus of the work, and the primary subject for this paper, is the development of a Knowledge Based Software Assistant (KBSA) to ease the transition from informal to formal requirements and specifications. This system will interact with the user in a domain specific limited natural language to generate a set of formal specifications or requirements in one of the currently used formalisms. We plan to interface this system with our RSC storage and retrieval system, which was presented in the companion paper.
KeywordsProof Obligation Implementation Language Software Life Cycle Implicit Specification Natural Language Interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Charniak, E., and McDermott, D., 1986, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence,Addison-Wesley, 1986. See also Rich, E. 1983, Artificial Intelligence,McGraw-Hill; and Winston, P. H., 1984, Artificial Intelligence,Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Clancey, W. J., 1987, Methodology for Building an Intelligent Tutoring System, Artificial Intelligence and Instruction: Applications and Methods, Kearsley, G., (ed.), Addison-Wesley, pp. 193–227.Google Scholar
- Diederich, J., and Milton, J., 1987, Experimental Prototyping in Smalltalk, IEEE Software, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 50–64, May, 1987.Google Scholar
- Fairley, R., 1985, Software Engineering Concept,McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Gagliano, R. A., Fraser, M. D., Owen, G. S. and Honkanen, P. A., 1988, Issues in Reusable Ada Library Tools, appears elsewhere in these Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Empirical Foundations of Information and Software Sciences (EFISS).Google Scholar
- Jones, C. B, 1986, Systematic Software Development Using VDM,Prentice/Hall International (UK) Ltd.Google Scholar
- Meyer, B., 1987, Reusability: The Case for Object-Oriented Design, IEEE Software, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 50, pp. 50–64, March 1987, Artificial Intelligence and Formal Specifications.Google Scholar
- Owen, G. S., Gagliano, R. A., and Honkanen, P. A., 1987, Functional Specifications of Reusable MIS Software in Ada, Proceedings of the Joint Ada Conference Fifth National Conference on Ada Technology and Washington Ada Symposium, pp. 19–26, March 1987.Google Scholar
- Park, O., Perez, R. S., and Seidel, R. J., 1987, Intelligent CAI: Old Wine in New Bottles, or a New Vintage, pp. 11–45, Artificial Intelligence and Instruction: Applications and Methods, Kearsley, G. ( ed. ), Addison-Wesley, 1987.Google Scholar
- Pfleeger, S. L., and Straight, D. W., 1985, Introduction to Discrete Structures,John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar