Part of the Ettore Majorana International Science Series book series (EMISS, volume 53)
Main elements of circular accelerators/colliders with separated function lattice are:
dipole magnets, which provide the guidance field;
quadrupole magnets, which provide the focusing of the beam particles around the mean beam orbit.
KeywordsBeam Pipe Orbit Correction Correction Element High Multipoles Correction Coil
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Daum, J. Geerinck, P. Schmüser, R. Heller, H. Möller, M.Muto, S. Schollmeier, and P.A.M. Bracké, The Superconducting Quadrupolé and Sextupole Correction Coils for the HERA proton Ring, DESY HERA 89–09, Feb. 89.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Daum, and P. Schmüser, Quadrupole and Sextupole correction Coils for HERA, DESY HERA 83–01, March 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Schmüser, private communication.Google Scholar
- 4.B.C. Brown, and H.E. Fisk, A Technique to minimize Persistent Current Multipoles in Superconducting Accelerator magnets, Proc. of the 1984 Summer Study on the Design and Utilization of the Superconducting Super Collider, Ed. R. Donaldson, and J.G. Morfin (1985) p. 336.Google Scholar
- H.E. Fisk, R.A. Hanft, M. Kuchnir, and A.D. Mclnturff, Passive Correction of Persistent Current Multipoles in Superconducting Accelerator Dipoles, Proc. of Workshop on Superconducting Magnets and Cryogenics, Brookhaven National Laboratory, May 12–16, 1989, BNL 52006, Ed. P.F. Dahl, p.222.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Ciazynski, and P. Mantsch, Correction Magnet Package for the Energy Saver, IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science (1981), Vol. NS-28, No. 3, P. 3325.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Daum, J. Geerinck, R. Heller, M. Muto, S. Schollmeier, P. Schmüser, and P.A.M. Bracké, Superconducting Correction Magnets for the HERA proton Ring, in DESY HERA 88–09, June 1988, p. 1, Reports at the EPAC–European Particle Accelerator Conference, Rome, June 7–11, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Beynel, P. Maier, and H, Schönbacher, Compilation of Radiation Damage Test Data, Part III, Materials used around high-energy accelerators, CERN 82–10, 4 November 1982, p. 144.Google Scholar
- 9.Conceptual Design of the Superconducting Super Collider, SSC Central Design Group, SSC-SR-2020, March 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.Conceptual Design of the Relativistic Hadron Collider RHIC, BNL52195, March 1989.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Skaritka, W. Schneider, R. Shutt, P. Thompson, P. Wanderer, E. Willen, D. Bintinger, R.Coluccio, and L. Schieber, Development of the SSC Trim Coil Beam Tube Assembly, 1987 Particle Accelerator Conference, Washington, D.C., 1987, p. 1437.Google Scholar
- 12.The Large Hadron Collider in the LEP tunnel. Eds. G. Brianti,and K. Hübner, CERN 87–05, 27 May 1987.Google Scholar
- 13.A. IJspeert, private communication.Google Scholar
- 14.N. Siegel, private communication.Google Scholar
- 15.D. Cornuet, private communication.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1990