Friends! Ladies and Gentlemen!
It was, and still is, a great pleasure and honor to me when I learned that the present symposium was to be held in honor of myself. Before continuing further, I want to express my heartfelt thanks to the members of the organizing committee and to all participants in this symposium.
KeywordsFlavin Adenine Dinucleotide Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide Nobel Lecture Amino Acid Oxidase Hydrophobic Probe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Michaelis, L. and Menten, M. L. (1913) Biochem. Z. 49, 333–369Google Scholar
- 2.Michaelis, L. (1922) Die Wasserstoffionen-Konzentration, Springer-Verlag, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 3.This portrait of the late Prof. Michaelis was kindly furnished by Prof. Michaelis's daughters, Mrs. Ilse Michaelis Wollman and Mrs. Eva Michaelis Jacoby, upon their coming to Japan in 1973 on the occasion of the symposium dedicated to the late Prof. Michaelis in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the opening of his lecture in Aichi Medical CollegeGoogle Scholar
- 4.This picture was kindly furnished by the late Prof. I. Ogawa of the University of Nagoya, who was a staff member of Prof. MichaelisGoogle Scholar
- 5.This picture was also donated by the late Prof. I. OgawaGoogle Scholar
- 6.This story was described in Reactivity of Flavins (The proceedings of the symposium dedicated to the late Professor Leonor Michaelis under the auspices of the Japanese Biochemical Society) (Yagi, K. ed.), Univ. Tokyo Press, Tokyo, 1975Google Scholar
- 7.Yagi, K. (1965) in: Advances in Enzymology (Nord, F. F. ed.), Vol. 27, pp 1–36, Interscince, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 9.Yagi, K. and Ozawa, T. (1964) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 81, 29–38Google Scholar
- 13.Chemical and Engineering News10, 34, 1964Google Scholar
- 14.Yagi, K. (1966) in: Flavins and Flavoproteins (Slater, E. C. ed.), pp 210–222, Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 15.Massey, V. (1966) in: Flavins and Flavoprotein (Slater, E. C. ed.), p 222, Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 16.Massey, V., Palmer, G., Williams, C. H. Jr., Swoboda, B. E. P. and Sands, R. H. (1966) in: Flavins and Flavoproteins (Slater, E. C. ed.), pp 133–158, Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 17.Yagi, K., Nishikimi, M. and Ohishi, N. (1972) J. Biochem. 72, 1369–1377Google Scholar
- 23.Yagi, K., Nishikimi, M., Ohishi, N. and Takai, A. (1971) in: Flavins and Flavoproteins (Kamin, H. ed.), pp 239–260, Univ. Park Press, BaltimoreGoogle Scholar
- 24.Massey, V. and Gibson, Q. H. (1964) Fed. Froc. 23, 18–29Google Scholar
- 27.Yagi, K. (1973) in: Oxidases and Related Redox Systems (King, T. E., Mason, H. S. and Morrison, M. eds.), pp 217–225, Univ. Park Press, BaltimoreGoogle Scholar
- 28.Blumberg, W. E. (1973) in: Oxidases and Related Redox Systems (King, T. E., Mason, H. S. and Morrison, M. eds.), p 225, Univ. Park Press, BaltimoreGoogle Scholar
- 32.Song, P.-S., Choi, J. D., Fugate, R. D. and Yagi, K. (1976) in: Flavins and Flavoproteins (Singer, T. P. ed.), pp 381–390, Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 34.Theorell, H. (1964) in: Nobel Lectures Physiology or Medicine 1942–1962, pp 480–495, Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 35.Slater, E. C. (1975) in: Reactivity of Flavins (Yagi, K. ed.), pp VII–VIII, Univ. Tokyo Press, TokyoGoogle Scholar