Computational Methods in Electronic Structure Calculations of Complex Solids
In these two lectures I hope to give you a flavour of some of the computational methods used in electronic structure calculations of complex solids. The methods are concerned with the fully quantum mechanical solution of systems with complicated interactions which give rise to the structural, chemical, magnetic and superconducting properties of solids.
KeywordsBrillouin Zone Structure Constant Energy Eigenvalue Electronic Structure Calculation Principal Quantum Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andersen, O.K., 1984, Linear methods in band theory, in: “The Electronic Structure of Complex Systems”, P. Phariseau and W.M. Temmerman eds., NATO ASI Series Physics, B113, Plenum Press.Google Scholar
- Andersen, O.K., Jepson, O. and Glotzel, D., 1985, Canonical description of the band structure of metals, in: “Highlights of Condensed Matter Theory”, F. Bassani, F. Fumi and M.P. Tosi eds., North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Anderson, D.G., 1965, Iterative procedures for nonlinear integral equations, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach., 12: 547.Google Scholar
- Chelikowsky, J.R. and Louie, S.G., 1984, First principles linear combination of atomic orbitals method for the cohesive and structural properties of solids. Application to diamond, Phys. Rev., B29: 3470.Google Scholar
- Jepson, O. and Andersen, O.K., 1984, No error in the tetyrahedron integration scheme, Phys. Rev., B29: 5965.Google Scholar
- Lehmann, G. and Taut, M., 1972, On the numerical calculation of the density of states and related properties, Phys. Rev., B54: 469.Google Scholar
- Skriver, H., 1984, “The LMTO Method”, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Stocks, G.M., Temmerman, W.M. and Gyorffy, B.L., 1979, in: “Electrons in Disordered Metals and at Metallic Surfaces”, P. Phariseau, B.L. Gyorffy and L. Scheire eds., NATO ASI Series Physics, B42, Plenum Press.Google Scholar
- Winter, H., Szotek, Z. and Temmerman, W.M., 1989, A study on the dynamical spin susceptibility of paramagnetic La2CuO4, submitted to Z. Phys. BGoogle Scholar