The NAG Library in a Supercomputing Environment
In a supercomputing environment the role of a numerical subroutine library is even more important than in a more conventional computing environment. Not only should the library provide accuracy, reliability and robustness in performing standard numerical computations, but it should also — as far as possible — offer the high levels of performance which users of supercomputers may expect. Indeed, users may reasonably look to a subroutine library to relieve them of some of the burden of acquiring the specialised expertise — for example, knowledge of architectural details or of the capabilities of a vectorizing compiler — that may be necessary to use a supercomputer efficiently.
KeywordsLinear Algebra Singular Value Decomposition Plane Rotation Innermost Loop Numerical Algorithm Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Branldn, R.W., and Gladwell, I., 1989 Codes for Almost Block Diagonal Systems. NAG Technical Report TR1/89, (to be published in Comp. and Math. with Applics.).Google Scholar
- Demmel, J., Dongarra, J.J., Du Croz, J.J., Greenbaum, A., Hammarling, S.J., and Sorensen, D.C., 1987 Prospectus for the Development of Linear Algebra Library for High Performance Computers. Argonne National Laboratory, Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Technical Memorandum No. 97.Google Scholar
- Dongarra, J.J., Du Croz, J.J., Duff, I.S. and Hammarling, S.J., 1989 A Set of Level 3 Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms. to be published in ACM Trans. Math. Software.Google Scholar
- Dongarra, J.J., and Eisenstat, S.C., 1984 Squeezing the Most out of an Algorithm in Cray Fortran. ACM Trans. Math. Software, 10, pp. 221–230.Google Scholar
- Geers, N, 1989 Optimization of Level 2 BLAS for Siemens VP systems, University of Karlsruhe, Computer Centre, Report No. 37. 89.Google Scholar
- Gladwell, I., 1986 Vectorization of one-dimensional quadrature codes NAG Technical Report TR 7/86, December.Google Scholar
- Lioen W.M., Louter-Nool, M., and te Ride, H.J.J., 1987 Optimization of the Real Level 2 BLAS on the Cyber 205. In: Algorithms and Applications on Vector and Parallel Computers. Elsevier Science Publishers.Google Scholar
- Luecke, G.R., 1988 Performance of the Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) Mark 12 Library on National Advanced Systems Vector Computers. In: Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Supercomputing, Volume II, pp. 354–359. International Supercomputing Institute, Inc.Google Scholar
- Mayes, P.J.D., and Radicati di Brozolo, G., 1989 Portable and Efficient Factorization Algorithms on the IBM 3090/VF. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Supercomputing, Crete, pp. 263–270 ACM, New York.Google Scholar
- Piessens R., E. de Doncker-Kapenga, E., Uberhuber, C.W., and Kahaner, D.K., 1980 QUADPACK-A Subroutine Package for Automatic Integration, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Swarztrauber, P.N., 1982 Vectorizing the FFTs. In, Parallel Computations, G. Rodrigue (Ed.). Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Swarztrauber, P.N., 1984 Fast Poisson Solvers In, Studies in Numerical Analysis, G. H. Golub (Ed.). Mathematical Association of America.Google Scholar