Diagnostic Criteria for Selection of Schizophrenic Patients in the Study of Biological Markers
During the last few years, there has been progress into the biological markers of mental diseases, especially in the field of neurochemistry, in spite of the fact that the multifactorial origin and mechanisms of the development of mental disease are not sufficiently understood. That is why, despite unknown etiology and pathogenesis, research into biological markers has great importance not only for diagnostics but also for a better assessment of developmental dynamics and perhaps for enlightenment of up-to-now unknown etiologic and pathogenetic mechanisms of schizophrenia. In this selection, with exactly determined criteria, we try to exclude the possibility of a faulty diagnosis and to eliminate or to reduce subjectivity of evaluation, applied in psychiatric diagnostics in spite of the above-mentioned facts.
KeywordsSchizophrenic Patient Biological Marker Personality Structure Schizophrenic Subject Developmental Dynamic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pogady, J., and Guensberger, E., 1987, Zciklady psycholatológie, Martin,Osveta [in Slovak] English review, pp. 13–78.Google Scholar
- Pogâdy, J, and Nociar, A., 1986, Osobnost’ a choroba, Veda, Bratislava [in Slovak] English review, pp. 150–180.Google Scholar
- Royce, J. R., and Powell, A., 1981, An overview of a multifactor-system theory of personality and individual differences. H. System dynamics and person—situation interactions, J. Pers. Soc. Psychol. 41:1019–1030.Google Scholar
- Royce, J. R., and Powell, A., 1983, Individuality and pluralistic images of the nature of man. Impact of science on society, J. Pers. Soc. Psychol. 2: 211–223.Google Scholar
- Schneider, K., 1976, Klinische Psychopathologie, Thieme, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Thorne, F. C., 1965, The Integration Level Test Series: Research Edition, Clinical Psychology Publishing Company, Brandon, VT.Google Scholar
- Gattaz, W. F., Gasses, T., and Beckmann, H., 1985, CSF Studies in Schizophrenia: A Multidimensional Approach, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 144–153.Google Scholar