Spatial and Dynamical Properties of 1 — D Rayleigh-Benard Convection
The studies of one-dimensional systems have gained a lot of interest in the last few years, as these particular geometries can provide intermediate situations between pure dynamical behaviours and very complex spatio-temporal behaviours. Rayleigh-Bénard convection is used to study the specific behaviours in such 1 — D geometries and we report here the main observed features.
KeywordsSolitary Wave Rayleigh Number Rectangular Channel Stability Domain Annular Geometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Dubois, P. Bergé and A. Petrov, Proceedings “NATO workshop” (1988): new trends in nonlinear dynamics and pattern forming phenomena: the geometry of non equilibrium. NATO ASI Series B (Physics) Plenum Press to appear.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Daviaud, P. Bergé and M. Dubois, J. de Physique; colloques. “Non linear coherent structures in physics, mechanics and biological systems” Paris (Juin 1988).Google Scholar
- 12.F. Daviaud, M. Bonetti, M. Dubois, to be submitted Phys. Rev. A.Google Scholar
- 14.H. Chaté, DUNGThèsis Paris 1989.Google Scholar
- 16.M. Rabaud, S. Michalland, Y. Couder, to be published.Google Scholar