Promoter Effects on Phase Growth in Aluminophosphate and Silicaluminophosphate Gel Systems
In the synthesis of many aluminosilicate and silicate molecular sieves, organic quaternary amines and diamines are known to be extremely effective in controlling the type of structure crystallized. Little effect on structure direction by the neutral amines has been found based on the limited number of zeolites reported in the patent literature using such additives. ZSM-5 (1), ZSM-48 (2), ZSM-39 (3) and Theta-1 (4) are structures reported to crystallize in the presence of neutral amines, mainly the alkyl amines, dipropylamine and diethanolamine. On the other hand, the use of neutral amines has been found to be extremely effective in enhancing crystallization of a variety of microporous AIPO4 based materials. The use of dipropylamine (dPA), for example, aids in the crystallization of (M)A1PO4-11,31,39,41,43,46,50 of Union Carbide (5). VPI-5 (6), MCM-7 (7) and MCM-9 (8) are other aluminophosphate based materials claimed to form in the presence of dipropylamine.
KeywordsTemperature Aging Alkyl Amine Union Carbide Structure Direction High Temperature Aging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eur. Pat. 2900 (1979)Google Scholar
- 2.U. S. Pat. 4448675 (1984)Google Scholar
- 3.U. S. Pat. 4287166 (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.Eur. Pat. 57049 (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.U. S. Pat. 4310440; U. S. Pat. 4440871; U. S. Pat. 4544143; U. S. Pat. 4567029Google Scholar
- 6.M. E. Davis, C. Montes, J. Carces, in Symposium on Advances in Zeolite Synthesis, American Chemical Society Meeting, Los Angeles, Sept. 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.Eur. Pat. 146384 (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.Eur. Pat. 147991 (1985)Google Scholar
- 10.F. d’Yvoire, Bull. Soc. Chem. (France), 1762, (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.The similarity between VPI-5 and HI was pointed out by Prof. P. Jacobs during the presentation of this paper.Google Scholar