Localized and Overall Properties Related to the Nature and Structural Organization of the Framework Atoms
The understanding of zeolites properties, particularly the acidity, needs several simultaneous approaches. It has long been postulated that the properties at a given site may result from short interactions i.e. the local influence of the neighbours and also from interactions on a long range i.e. overall or global effects of the framework. The extent of the involvment of those two effects will be discussed in what follows. In addition the zeolite behaviour in acidic catalytic reactions requires to consider the system zeolite-reacting molecule.
KeywordsElectrostatic Field Zeolite Crystal Acidic Catalytic Reaction Framework Atom Short Range Contribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. Rabo, G. J. Gajda, this book, Chapter IVGoogle Scholar
- 2.R. A. Van Santen, B. M. H. Van Beest, A. J. M. de Man, this book, Chapter IVGoogle Scholar
- 3.W. J. Mortier, R. Vetrivel, this book, Chapter IVGoogle Scholar
- 5.E. G. Derouane, this book, Chapter IVGoogle Scholar
- 7.P. J. O’Malley, J. Dwyer, Chem. Phys. Lett., 97:143 (1988) J. Dwyer, this book, Chapter I VGoogle Scholar
- 8.J. Sauer, Chem. Rev., 89:199 (1989)Google Scholar
- 11.K. P. Wendlandt, H. Bremer, in Proc. 7th Intern. Cong. Catal., Berlin IV, Verlag Chemie, Weinheim 1984, p. 507Google Scholar
- 12.A. Corma, this book, Chapter IVGoogle Scholar