Program analysis and systematic testing
The authors of this chapter have had considerable experience with the use of automated testing tools, both in the real world of industry and commerce, as well as in a research environment. The automated testing tools referred to are various derivatives of the LDRA Testbeds . These tools in various languages, namely Ada, C, Cobol, Coral 66, Fortran, Pascal, PL/1, and PL/M86 have been used in industry since 1975 and have been the subject of extensive experimentation at the University of Liverpool since 1970.
KeywordsBasic Block Symbolic Execution Control Flow Graph Data Flow Graph Static Analysis Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. A. Hennell, D. Hedley and I. J. Riddell, “Assessing a Class of Software Tools”, Proc. 7th. IEEE Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, Orlando, 1984.Google Scholar
- M. A. Hennell and D. F. Yates, “A Configuration Management System for Software Implementation”, Proc. Hawaii Int. Conf. on Systems Sciences, pp. 84-89, January 1981.Google Scholar
- L. D. Fosdick, BRNANL, A Fortran Program to Identify Basic Blocks in Fortran Programs, Report CU-CS-040-74, Computer Science Dept., University of Colorado, 1974.Google Scholar
- R. M. Balzer, “Exdams: Extendible Debugging and Monitoring Systems”, AFIPS, Vol. 34, p. 567, 1969.Google Scholar
- L. G. Stucki and G. L. Foshee, “New Assertion Concepts for Self-Metric Software Validation,” Proc. 1975, Int. Conf. Reliable Software, Los Angeles, pp. 59-71, April 1975.Google Scholar
- T. A. Budd, R. J. Lipton and F. G. Sayward, “The Design of a Prototype Mutation System for Program Testing”, AFIPS, NCC, 1978, Vol. 47, pp. 623–627.Google Scholar
- D. Hedley and M. A. Hennell, “The Causes and Effects of Infeasible Paths in Computer Programs”, Proc. 8th. Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, London, August 1985.Google Scholar
- L. Lauterbach, preliminary paper presented at CSR Certification Workshop, Gatwick, September 1988. Research Triangle Institute, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 USA.Google Scholar
- E. Fergus, A. C. Marshall, A. Veevers, D. Hedley and M. A. Hennell, “The Quantification of Software Reliability”, Proc. 2nd IEE/BCS Conf. on Software Engineering, Liverpool, pp. 43-49, May 1988.Google Scholar
- M. A. Hennell, M. Woodward and D. Hedley, “The Testing of a Software Tool”, Proc. International Symposium on Applications and Software Engineering, Montreal, September 1979, pp. 16-20 (ACTA press, ed. M. H. Hamza, 1980).Google Scholar
- Holthouse and Hatch, Proc. Workshop on Testing, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, December 1978.Google Scholar