Restoration of Limited View-Angle Image with a Line-by-Line Kalman Filter
Image reconstruction using limited data is a necessity in a variety of applications. These applications include CT and NMR imaging in medical and industrial applications, and synthesis imaging in radio astronomy. In X-ray CT, the incompleteness of the data can be interpreted as a lack of sampling in the spatial Fourier domain. We will show that the distortion in a limited view-angle x-ray CT imaging can be formulated as a linear distortion. An estimation procedure to restore the distorted image will be presented. Finally, we will present the results of this estimation process to X-ray CT.
KeywordsKalman Filter Distorted Image Fourier Domain Radio Astronomy Monthly Notice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. C. Kak, and M. Slaney, in Principles of Computerized Tomographic Imaging, IEEE Press, 1988. 351–364, 1977.Google Scholar
- 2.J. A. Högbom, Astrophys. J. Suppl., 15, 417–426, 1974.Google Scholar
- 3.B. G. Clark, Astronomy and Astrophysics, 89, 377–378, 1980.Google Scholar
- 4.S. J. Wernecke, and L.R. D’Addario. IEEE Trans. Comp., C-26 Google Scholar
- 5.R. K. Bryan, and J. Skilling, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 191, 69–79, 1980.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Biemond, in Advances in Computer Vision and Image Processing, vol. 2, pp. 213–273, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Habibi, Proc. IEEE, vol. 60, No. 7, pp. 878–883, July 1972.Google Scholar
- 10.T. J. Cornwell, in Synthesis imaging, Course notes from an NRAO summer school held in Socorro, edited by Richard A. Perely, pp. 109–121, 1985.Google Scholar
- 11.K. M. Hanson, in Proc. First IEEE Computer Society Int. Sympt. on Medical Imaging Interprtation, pp. 527–533. 1982.Google Scholar
- 12.B. P. Medoff. W.R. Brody, and A. Macovski, in Proc. Int. Workshop on Physics and Engineering in Medical Imaging, pp. 188–192, 1982.Google Scholar
- 13.M. I. Sezan, and H. Stark, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. All-3. 91–98, 1984.Google Scholar
- 14.K. C. Tam, in Review of progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti eds. (Plenum Press), 1989.Google Scholar