Possible Effects of Texture and Texture Gradients on Aluminum Reference Standards
The ultrasonic NDT community has been aware for several years that a different Index Point is found for angle beam search units when comparing aluminum IIW type calibration blocks with steel blocks of identical design. Brissaud and Kleiman [1,2] and Watson  have discussed anisotropy texture as a possible cause of the differerence.
KeywordsElastic Constant Orientation Distribution Function Rolled Plate Texture Coefficient Phase Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Brissaud and H. Kleiman, Acustica, 46 168 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Brissaud and H. Kleiman, Ultrasonics International ‘83 Conf. Proc., (Butterworth, Kent 1984 ) p. 458.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Watson, Material for Ultrasonic Calibration Blocks, “ Brit. J. of NDT, Nov, 1985, p. 369.Google Scholar
- 5.M. J. P. Musgrave, Crystal Acoustics, (Holden-Day, SF 1970),.Google Scholar
- 7.H. E. Van Valkenburg and H. F. C. Hotchkins, Abstracts 12th WCNDT. Amsterdam p. 201 (1989) (text of poster presentation distributed by the authors as a private communnication.)Google Scholar