Applications of Generalized Pulse-Echo Formulas for Evaluation of Multilayered Structures
Multilayered composite structures and devices have become more popular and are now routinely introduced in advanced systems to reduce size and weight and to improve performance. However, because of the combined complexity of the materials and designs used in these systems, it is a significant challenge to determine the structural integrity and reliability of a specific structure or device using nondestructive evaluation (NDE).
KeywordsOptical Switch Level Sensor Pulse Response Amplitude Equation Acoustic Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. M. Brekhovskikh, Waves in Layered Media ( Academic Press, New York, 1960 ).Google Scholar
- 3.E. J. Chern, B. B. Djordjevic, and D. M. Barnett, in Review of Progress in Quantitative NDE, edited by D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti ( Plenum Press, New York, 1989 ), Vol. 8A, pp. 1047–1052.Google Scholar
- 4.E. J. Chern, A. van der Jagt and B. B. Djordjevic, paper presented at the 1989 ASNT Fall Conference, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, October 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.E. J. Chern and H. T. C. Nielsen, to be published in Journal of Applied Physics, October 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.E. J. Chern and H. T. C. Nielsen, manuscript in preparation.Google Scholar