Nonuniform Transition Conductivity of Superconducting Ceramic
There is an extensive international research effort underway to understand the origin of high critical temperature (Tc) superconductivity. A considerable amount of this research is directed toward increasing both the critical current density (Jc) and Tc [l–4]. In order to increase both Tc and Jc further we must understand the mechanisms supporting the superconducting state and the mechanisms that degrade this state.
KeywordsRelative Permeability Critical Current Density Porosity Variation High Critical Temperature Ceramic Superconductor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ekin, J: Transport Critical Current in Bulk Sintered Y1Ba2Cu3Ox and Possibilities for Its Enhancement. Adv. Ceram. Mater., vol$12, no. 3B, 1987, pp. 586–592.Google Scholar
- 5.Roth, D.J.; Generazio, E.R.; Stang, D.B.; and Hepp, A: A Study of Porosity Variation in the Bulk YBa2Cu307-x High Temperature Superconductor by Ultrasonic Imaging. NASA TM-102130, 1989, to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.Cima, M.J.; and Rhine, W.E.: Powder Processing for Microstructural Control in Ceramic Superconductors. Adv. Ceram. Mater., vol$12, no. 3B, 1987, pp. 329–336.Google Scholar
- 7.Generazio, E.R.: Determination of Grain-Size Distribution Function Using Two-Dimensional Fourier Transforms of Tone-Pulse-Encoded Images. Mater. Eval., vol. 46, no. 4, Mar. 1988, pp. 528–534.Google Scholar
- 8.Dover, W.D., Charlesworth, F.D.W., Taylor, K.A., Collins, R., and Michael, D.H.: The Use of A–C Field Measurements to Determine the Shape and Size of a Crack in a Metal. Eddy Current Characterization of Materials and Structures, G. Birnbaum and G. Free, eds., ASTM PCN 04–722000–22.Google Scholar
- 9.Applied Superconductivity, V.L. Newhouse, ed., Academic Press, New York (1975), Chapter 2, pp. 200–207.Google Scholar
- 11.Wieck, A.D.: Vanishing Contact Resistance on Polycrystalline YBa2Cu307-x, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 12, Mar. 21, 1988, p. 1017.Google Scholar