Measuring and Controlling the Extracellular Glycine Concentration at the NMDA Receptor Level
Is the link between glycine and NMDA a general feature of NMDA receptors ?
What are the molecular mechanisms of the glycine-NMDA interaction ?
What is the physiological significance of the glycine-NMDA interaction?
KeywordsNMDA Receptor Kynurenic Acid Apparent Dissociation Constant Glycine Site Glycine Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ascher, P., Henderson, G. and Johnson, J.W., 1988, Dual inhibitory actions of kynurenate on the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-activated response•of cultured mouse cortical neurones. J. Physiol. (London), 406:1411.Google Scholar
- Johnson J.W. and Ascher, P., 1987b, Interaction of glycine with the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor. Soc. Neurosci. Abstr, 13: 383.Google Scholar
- Johnson, J.W., and Ascher, P., 1988, The NMDA receptor and its channel. Modulation by magnesium and by glycine, in: Excitatory amino acids in health and disease’, D. Lodge, ed. John Wiley, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Kemp, J.A., Foster, A.C., Leeson, P.D., Priestley, T., Tridgett, D., Iversen, L.L. and Woodruff, G.N. 1988, 7-Chlorokynurenic acid is a selective antagonist at the glycine modulatory site of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor complex. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 85:6547.Google Scholar
- Kessler, M., Baudry, M., Terramani, T. and Lynch, G. 1987, Complex interactions between a glycine binding site and NMDA receptors. Soc. Neurosci. Abstr, 13: 760.Google Scholar
- Monaghan, D.T., Lin, H.S., and Cotman, C.W., 1989, Two classes and two states of NMDA receptors, Soc. Neurosci. Abstr, 15: 199.Google Scholar
- Sather, W., Johnson, J.W., Henderson, G. and Ascher, P., 1989, Desensitization of NMDA responses in outside-out patches persists in low calcium, high glycine solution. Soc. Neurosci. Abstr 15: 325.Google Scholar