Assessment of Combined Thermoradiotherapy in Recurrent of Advanced Carcinoma of the Breast
During 1980 to 1983, 40 patients with advanced or locally recurrent breast cancer were treated with the thermo-radiotherapy. Ten of these were primary cases and 30 recurrent. In 23 patients who had 2 to 3 lesions, Altogether there were 64 lesions treated. Combined thermo-radiotherapy was applied to the bigger lesions (42 in number) and irradiation alone to the small ones (22 in number). Average size of lesions treated with combined therapy was 38.7 cm2 and that by irradiation alone was 12.1 cm2.
KeywordsCombine Therapy Recurrent Breast Cancer Advance Carcinoma Chest Wall Recurrent Lesion Average Size
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.Van der Zee, et al Results of Hypertermia in combination with Reirradiation in Patients with Recurring Breast Cancer. ABSTRACTS, 5th International Symposium on Hyperthermic oncology In Kyoto 1988. P72.Google Scholar
- 2.CA perez, et al Irradiation and Hyperthermia in the Treatment of Recurrent or Locally Advanced carcinoma of the Breast Chest Wall. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 3.E.Kjellen, et al. Radiotherapy In combination with Hyperthermia In Recurrent or Metastatic Mammary carcinomas. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang Tian-ze, et al, Combined Radio-hyperthermotherapy in the Treatment of Superficial malignancies Clinical oncology, 9: 135, 1982, (Chinese).Google Scholar
- 5.Li Rui-ying, et al, Effect of Radiation combined with hyperthermia in the Treatment of Superficial cancer in 90 patients, Clinical oncology 12(1): 12, 1985 (Chinese).Google Scholar