Moving the Enterprise: Implementing a Performance Management System to Support Strategic Change in the Equitable Insurance Companies
The Equitable Insurance Companies is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States. The Equitable Insurance Companies has undergone significant changes in the last several years, including major downsizing, redefinition of strategic thrust, shifts in products and markets emphasized, and several reorganizations. Faced with a still-turbulent environment, increased competition, and changing product demands, The Equitable Insurance Companies is likely to continue experiencing internal change in the near term.
KeywordsPerformance Planning Business Plan Performance Appraisal Employee Survey Direct Report
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- The Equitable Financial Companies. Corporate Research. The Employee Survey. Basic Data Set and Feedback Guide: 1987. (New York: 1987).Google Scholar
- The Equitable Insurance Companies.... After One Year, One Team, On Track & On Target. (New York: 1988).Google Scholar
- The Equitable Insurance Companies. Annual Report/1987 (New York: 1988).Google Scholar
- Goldstein, Arnold P. and Melvin Sorcher. Changing Supervisor Behavior (New York: Pergamon Press, 1974).Google Scholar
- U. S. Industrial Outlook 1988 — Insurance (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1988). pp. 55-4, 55-5.Google Scholar
- Wallace, Marc J., Jr. and Charles H. Fay. Compensation Theory and Practice, Second Edition. (Boston, PWS-Kent Publishing Company, 1988).Google Scholar