Making Intrapreneuring Happen: Organizational Tools and Processes for New Business Development
The 1980s has been a decade of unprecedented change in the American business landscape as corporations have sought non-traditional ways to become competitive in the new global marketplace. To survive in today’s competitive, rapidly changing business environment, organizations must be able to create and sustain cultures that encourage and nurture innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit.
KeywordsCash Flow Venture Capitalist Senior Management Business Plan Business Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brandt, Steven C. Entrepreneuring in Established Companies, (Homewood, Illinois: Dow Jones-Irwin, 1986).Google Scholar
- Duncan, W. Jack, Peter M. Ginter, Andrew C. Rucks, and T. Douglas Jacobs. “Intrapreneurship and the Reinvention of the Corporation,” Business Horizons (May–June, 1988), pp. 16-21.Google Scholar
- Fast, Norman. “A Visit to the New Venture Graveyard,” Research Management (March, 1979), p. 18.Google Scholar
- Holt, Carolyn D. “Systems Thinking and the HRD Role in Creating Entrepreneurial Business Cultures,” in Systems Theory Applied to Human Resources Development, ed. by Deane Gradus (American Society for Training and Development, in press).Google Scholar
- McGinn is, Michael A. and Thomas P. Verney. “Innovation Management and Intrapreneurship,” SAM Advanced Management Journal (Summer, 1987), pp. 19-23.Google Scholar
- Nadler, David. Starting Up New Ventures Inside Organizations: Thoughts From a Change Management Perspective (New York, 1983).Google Scholar
- Pinchot, Gifford. “Innovation Through Intrapreneuring,” Research Management, Vol. XXX, No. 2 (March–April, 1987) Google Scholar
- Pinchot, Gifford. Intrapreneuring. (New York: Harper & Row, Publishers, 1985).Google Scholar
- Pinchot, Gifford. “Intrapreneurship: How Firms Can Encourage and Keep Their Bright Innovators,” International Management (January, 1983), pp. 11-22.Google Scholar
- Quinn, James Brian. “Managing Innovation: Controlled Chaos,” Harvard Business Review (May–June, 1985), pp. 73-84.Google Scholar
- Sauser, William I. “Intrapreneurial Success: Lessons from Entrepreneurial Failures,” SAM Advanced Management Journal (Summer, 1987), pp. 32-35.Google Scholar
- Senge, Peter M. “Systems Principles for Leadership,” in Transforming Leadership, ed. by John D. Adams (Alexandria, VA: Miles River Press, 1986).Google Scholar