Histone H1 Solution Structure and the Sealing of Mammalian Nucleosome
The lysine-rich chromosomal protein histone H1 has been shown to be critically related to the control of the tertiary (nucleosome) and quaternary (solenoid or rope-like) structure of mammalian chromosomes (Nicolini, 1983; Dolby et al., 1981; Bradbury and Baldwin, 1986; Nicolini, 1986).
KeywordsCircular Dichroism Histone Core NOESY Spectrum Circular Dichroism Measurement Globular Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Catasti, P., Carrara, E. and Nicolini, C., 1989, PEPTO: an expert system for automatic peak assignment of two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectra of proteins, J. Comp. Chem., in press.Google Scholar
- Nicolini, C., 1983, Chromatin structure from nuclei to genes, Anticancer Research 3:63.Google Scholar
- Nicolini, C., 1986, “Biophysics and Cancer,” Plenum Press, NY, 1–462.Google Scholar
- Nicolini, C., Catasti P., Nizzari, M., Carrara E. and Szilágyi, L., 1989, H1 histone core solution structure by 2DFT NMR at high resolution, submitted to Biophys. J. Google Scholar
- Nicolini, E.M., Szilágyi, L. and Yau, P., 1989, Effect of selective removal of chromosomal proteins on the DNA internal motion within nucleosomes: role of H1 histone, submitted to Eur. J. Biophys. Google Scholar
- Pepe, M., Rauch, G., Catasti, P., Nizzari, M. and Nicolini, C., 1989, Histone H1 characterization by Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Circular Dichroism, 1DFT NMR and statistical algorithms, submitted for publication to Biochemistry. Google Scholar
- Ranee, M., Sorensen, D., Wagner, G. and Ernst, R., 1984, Inclosed spectral resolution in COSY 1H-NMR spectra of proteins via double quantum filter, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comun. 117:479.Google Scholar
- Rauch, G., Catasti P., Nizzari, M., Pepe M., Panfoli, I. and Nicolini, C., 1989, A biophysical approach to the determination of the secondary structure of the histone H1 globular region, submitted to the Int. J. Macr. Biol. Google Scholar
- Robson, B. and Gamier, J., 1986, “Introduction to Protein and Protein Engineering,” Elsevier Science Publishers.Google Scholar
- Wüthrich K., 1986, “NMR of Proteins and Nucleic Acids,” J. Wiley and sons, New York.Google Scholar