The Growth of Thin Layers by MOCVD of Wide Band Gap II-VI Compounds
The potential device interest in the wide band gap II–VI materials, based principally on compounds of the group II elements (Zn, Cd) with the group VI elements (O, S, Se, Te) has been recognised for a long time.1,2 These materials are known to have band gaps which are compatible with emission in the visible region of the electromagnetic spectrum and to exhibit non-linear optical effects.3 These properties are currently being investigated in applications such as light emitting devices, optical wave guides and optical switches.
KeywordsHydrogen Sulphide Solid Composition ZnSe Layer Hydrogen Selenide Dimethyl Selenide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Proceedings of the International Conference on II–VI Compounds, Durham, UK (1982). Published as J Crystal Growth 59:1–439 (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Proceedings of the Third International Conference on II–VI Compounds, Monterey, CA, USA. Published as J.Crystal Growth, 86:1–947 (1987)Google Scholar
- 14.Halsall, M.P., Davies, J.J., Nicholls, J.E., Cockayne, B, Wright, P.J. and Russell, G.J., J. Crystal Growth — accepted for publicationGoogle Scholar
- 15.Halsall, M.P., Nicholls, J.E., Davies, J.J., Cockayne, B., Wright, P.J. and Cullis, A.G., J.Semicon.Sci. and Tech. — accepted for publicationGoogle Scholar
- 28.Halsall, M.P., Wright, P.J. and Cockayne, B., — unpublished dataGoogle Scholar
- 29.Gregory, T.J., Nicholls, J.E., Davies, J.J., Williams, J.O., Maung, N., Cockayne, B. and Wright, P.J. Presented at ‘2nd European Workshop on MOVPE’, St Andrews, UK, 19–22 June 1988 — to be published.Google Scholar
- 32.Kuznetzov, P.I., Shemet, V.V., Odin, I.N. and Novoseleva, A.V., Izv.Akad.Nauk. SSSR, Neorgan.Mater. 17:791 (1981)Google Scholar
- 33.Cockayne, B., Wright, P.J., Armstrong, A.J., Jones, A.C. and Orrell, E.D.,, J.Crystal Growth — to be publishedGoogle Scholar