Limitations due to the Critical Current Density in Superconducting Lines for Future VLSI Packaging
At hardware level the speed of complex high performance electronic system is limited by two basic componenents:
Integrated circuit chips.
Interconnections between chips.
KeywordsTransmission Line Critical Current Density Microstrip Line Current Density Distribution Driving Voltage
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.R Pinnel and W.H. Knausenberg, Interconnection system requirements and modeling, AT&T Technical Journal, vol.66, July/August, (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.RJ. Jensen, J.P. Cummings and H. Vora, Copper polymide materials system for high performance packaging, IEEE CHMT-7, (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.R.G. Saenz and E.M. Fulcher, An approach to logic circuit noise problems in computer design, Computer Design, April (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.J.G. Bednorz and K.A Muller, Possible high Tc superconductivity in the BaLaCuOsystem, Z. Phys, B64, (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.M.K. Wu and al., Superconductivity at 93 K in a new mixed-phase YBaCuO compound system, Phys. Rev. Lett. 58, (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.R.E Mattick, “Transmission Lines for Digital and Communication Networks”, MacGraw Hill, N.Y, (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Ruby, A comparison of copper transmission lines and superconducting transmission lines at 77K for second level packaging, Superconductors in Electronics Commercialisation Workshop, San Fransisco, (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Chilo and C. Monllor, Magnetic field and current distribution in a system of microstrip lines, IEEE MAG 19 (3), (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.R.F. Harrington, “Field Computation by Moment Method”, MacMillan,N.Y, (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Tinkam, “Superconductivity”, Gordon and Breach, N.Y, (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Hammond, R. Barton, Recent progress in superconducting thin film technology, Superconductors in Electronics Commercialisation Workshop, San Fransisco, (1987).Google Scholar
- 13.J.M. Pond and al., Mesurements and modeling of kinetic inductance, IEEE MTT35 vol. 12, (1987).Google Scholar
- 14.T. Van Duzer and C.W. Turner, Principles of superconductive devices and circuits, New York, (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.B. Young and T. Itoh, Loss reduction in superconducting microstrip like transmission lines, IEEE MTT-s Digest, (1988).Google Scholar
- 16.R.J Cava and al., Bulk Superconductivity at 91 K in single phase oxigen…, Phy. Rev. Lett. vol. 58 (16), (1987).Google Scholar
- 17.J.M. Pond and M. Krowne, Slow-vawe properties of superconducting microstrip transmission lines, IEEE MTT-s Digest, (1988).Google Scholar
- 18.O.K. Kwon and al., Superconductors as very high speed system level interconnects, IEEE EDL vol. 8 (12), (1987).Google Scholar
- 19.A.M. DeSantolo and al., Preparation of High Tc and Jc films of YBaCuO using laser evaporation of a composite target containing BaF, Appl. Phys. Lett. 52 (23), (1988).Google Scholar
- 20.P. Chaudhari and al., Critical current meausurements in epitaxial films of YBaCuo compounds, Phys. Rev. Lett. 58 (25), (1987).Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1989