Non-Aqueous One-Micron Feature Size Lithography of Superconducting Films
Conventional lithography was used to pattern Y Ba2 Cu3 O6+x thin films. The effort is focused on application of equipment and materials commonly used in industrial microelectronic facilities. Techniques for fabricating medium scale integrated superconducting circuits with minimum feature sizes of one micron have been successfully developed under this program. Attention has been turned toward building devices (SQUID) and microstrip structures to evaluate the effect of film properties on device performance. Test patterns currently used to guide process development consist of a one micron weak link SQUID and coplanar microwave resonators.
KeywordsMethyl Isobutyl Ketone Direct Writing Superconducting Film Minimum Feature Size Thin Film Superconductor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.N.P. Bangal, A.L. Sandkuhl, Chemical Durability of High-Temperature Super-conductor YBa 2Cu306-x in Aqueous Environment, App. Phys. lett. 52: 323 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.M.F. Yan, R.L. Barns, H.M. O’Bryan, Jr., P.K. Galligher, R.C. Sherwood, S. Jin, Water Interaction with the Superconducting YBa2Cu307, App. Phys. lett. 51: 532 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Mannhart, M. Scheverman, C.C. Tsuei, M.M.Oprysko, C.C. Chir, C.P. Umbaeh, R.H. Koch, C.M.ller, Micropatterning of High Tc Films with and Excimer laser, App. Phys. Lett. A 46: 331 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.G. Liberts, M. Eyett, D. Bauerle, Direct Laser Writing of Superconducting Patterns into Semiconducting Ceramic Y-Ba-Cu-O, App. Phys. Lett. A. 46: 331 (1988)Google Scholar
- 10.G.C. Hilton, E.B. Harris, D.J. Van Harlingen, Growth, Patterning, and Weak-link Fabrication of Superconducting YBa2 Cu3 06-X Thin Films, Appl. Phys. lett. 53: 1107 (1988)Google Scholar