Study of High Quality YBa2Cu3O7-y Thin Films
The high quality YBa2Cu3O7-y thin films were prepared by RF magnetron sputtering and ion beam sputtering methods with post annealing procedure. Zero resistance temperature (TR=0) and critical current density JC (at 77 K) are 9l K and 1.3 × 105 A/cm2 respectively. X-ray diffraction showed three types of orientation for these thin films: a-axis orientation, c-axis orientation and mixed a-axis and c-axis orientations. For a-axis and c-axis orientation thin films, anisotropic values were obtained in the measurement of JC(H) under high magnetiac field. It is possible that the anisotropic flux pinning force might exist in the oriented thin films.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Plane Defect Oxide Superconductor Parallel Magnetic Field Vertical Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).M. R. Beasley of the Stanford Thin Film Group. Physica, 148 B (1987) 191.Google Scholar
- (2).B. Y. Bando, T. Terashima, K. Iijima, K. Yamamoto, J. Hirata and H. Mazahi, Proceeding of 20th. Conference On Solid State Devices and Materials, Tokyko, (1988) 419.Google Scholar
- (5).S. B. Ogale, D. Dijkkamp, T. Venkalesan, X. D. Wu and A. Inman, preprint.Google Scholar
- (6).C. W. Yuan, B. R. Zhao, Y. Z. Zhang, Y. Y. Zhao, Y. Lu, H. S. Wang, Y. H. Shi, J. Gao and L. Li, to be published in J. Appl, Phys. (1988).Google Scholar
- (9).B. R. Zhao, H. S. Wang, Y. Lu, Y. H. Shi, C. W. Yuan, Y. Y. Zhao and J. Gao, Chinese Phys. Lett. Vol. 4, No. 12 (1988).Google Scholar
- (10).K. A. Muller and J. G. Bednorz, Science, Sept. (1987).Google Scholar