Plasma-Assisted Laser Deposition of Superconducting Thin Films — A Basic Study
An experimental study of the process of plasma-assisted laser deposition was described. It was found that atomic beams of Y,Ba,Cu, and O were inportant for the in-situ growth of superconducting films. These atomic beams could be modelled very well by a supersonic expansion mechanism. The atomic kinetic energies and their spatial dependence were measured and correlated to the thin film properties.
KeywordsMach Number Laser Fluence Atomic Beam Epitaxial Film Superconducting Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R.F. Bunshah et al, Deposition Technologies for Films and Coatings, Noyes Publ., New Jersey 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Lubben, S.A. Barnett, K. Suzuki and J.E. Greene in Laser Controlled Chemical Processing of Surfaces, p.359, ed. by A.W. Johnson, D.J. Ehrlich and H.R. Schlossberg, North-Holland, 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Sankur in Laser Controlled Chemical Processing of Surfaces, p.373, ed. by A.W. Johnson, D.J. Ehrlich and H.R. Schlossberg, North- Holland, 1984.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Inam, M.S. Hedge, X.D. Wu, T. Venkatesan, P. England, P.F. Miceli, E.W. Chase, C.C. Chang, J.M. Tarascon and J.B. Wachtman, Appl. Phys. Lett. 51, 897 (1988).Google Scholar
- 17.J.B. Anderson, R.P. Andres and J.B. Fenn, Adv. in Chem. Phys. 10, 275 (1966).Google Scholar
- 18.Ya B. Zeldovich and Yu P. Raiser, Physics of Shock Wave and High Temperature Hydrodynamic Phenomena, vol. 2, p. 573, Academic Press, London 1968.Google Scholar