As-Deposited Superconducting Y-Ba-Cu-O Thin Films on Si, SiO2, GaAs and Ni/Cu Substrates by High Pressure DC Sputtering Process
The superconducting Y-Ba-Cu-O thin films on Si, SiO 2 , GaAs and Ni/Cu substrates have been reproducibly prepared by high pressure DC sputtering process without further annealing treatment. The superconductivity of the films is Tc(onset)=95K and Tc(zero)=70K. The targets were Y-Ba-Cu-O compounds made by solid state reaction. The substrate temperature is lower than 450°C. X-ray analysis indicates that the 0.6~2μm films consist of predomintly the orthorhombic superconducting phase of YBa 2 Cu 3 Ox with traces of CuO. The effect of processing parameters on the superconductivity of the films will be discussed.
KeywordsGaAs Substrate Film Composition Zero Field Cool Target Composition Industrial Technology Research Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Valvoda et al., Thin Solid Films 156: 53 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Brian Chapman, “Glow Discharge Processes”, John Wiley & Sons, p./8 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.R.J. Lin, J.H. Kung and P.T. Wu, Physica C 153–155: 796 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.R.J. Lin, J.H. Kung and P.T. Wu, Proc. MRS Int. Meet. on Advanced Materials, Tokyo, MRS (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.R.J. Lin and John Lin, Proc. MRS Int. Meet. On Advanced Materials, Tokyo, MRS (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, edited by R.C. Weast, 58th edition (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.John A. Thornton, in Deposition Technologies for Films and Coating, edited by R.F. Bunshah, Noyk, Park Ridge (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.W.D. Kingery, et al., in “Introduction to Ceramics”, John Wiley and Sons (1976).Google Scholar