Superconducting Phase Control for Rare-Earth-Free High-Tc Superconducting Thin Films
Much attention has been paid to the rare-earth-free high-Tc oxide superconductors of the Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O and Tℓ-Ba-Ca-Cu-O. Recent studies suggest that these rare-earth-Cree superconductors show a layered structure comprizing Bi-O and Cu-O2 layer and the critical temperature Tc varies with the numbers of the Cu-O2 layer. Typical rare-earth-free high-Tc oxide superconductors are listed in Tab. 1 [1–11]. The Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox comprising two Layers of the Cu-O2 exhibits Tc ⋍ 80 K (2-2-1-2 structure) and the Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3Oy comprising three layers of the Cu-O2 exhibits Tc ⋍ 110 K (2-2-2-3 structure). Further increase of the Cu-O2 layers is expected to increase the Tc.
KeywordsSubstrate Temperature Superconducting Phase Temperature Growth Rate Electron Beam Deposition Superconducting Thin Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Adachi, S. Kohiki, K. Setsune, T. Mitsuyu, and K. Wasa, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) (in press).Google Scholar
- Z.Z. Sheng, A.M. Hermann, A. El Ali, C. Almasan, J. Estrada, T. Datta, and R.J. Matson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 60 (1988) 437.Google Scholar
- S.S.P. Parkin, V.Y. Lee, E.M. Engler, A.I. Nazzal, T.C. Huang, G. Gorman, R. Savoy, and R. Beyers, Phys. Rev. Lett. 60 (1988) 2539.Google Scholar
- K. Wasa, M. Kitabatake, H. Adachi, K. Setsune, and K. Hirochi, American Institute of Physics Conference Processings No.165, New York 1988, p. 38.Google Scholar
- Y. Ichikawa, H. Adachi, K. Hirochi, K. Setsune, and K. Wasa: Proc. MRS Int. Meeting on Advanced Materials, June 1988, Tokyo (in press).Google Scholar
- J. Zhou, Y. Ichikawa, H. Adachi, T. Mitsuyu, and K. Wasa, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., (to be submitted).Google Scholar
- S. Kohiki, K. Hirochi, H. Adachi, K. Setsune, and K. Wasa, Phys. Rev. B, 38 (1988) (in press).Google Scholar