YBa2Cu3O7 Thin Films Prepared by Evaporation from Yttrium, Copper and BaF2
The recent discovery of high-temperature superconductivity in mixed-valence copper oxides has stimulated great interest in the development of thin films suitable for a variety of electronic applications. These applications range from simple electronic interconnects and transmission lines, through junction devices, such as IR detectors and SQUIDS, to complex Josephson structures for memory and logic applications. Although each application imposes different materials constraints, most have a number of requirements in common. Foremost among these is the ability to make thin, superconducting films with highly controlled properties. Although the relationships between, for example, microstructure and electronic properties are not well understood at present, it is clear that fabrication and processing variables must be specially optimized for this new class of materials.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Strontium Titanate Barium Fluoride High Quality Film Thin Film Prepare
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. A. Martin, M. Nastasi, J. R. Tesmer and C. J. Maggiore App. Phys. Lett. 52 2177 (1988).Google Scholar
- C. B. Mombouquette, J. G. Beery, D. R. Brown, R. A. Lemons and I. D. Raistrick. These proceedings.Google Scholar
- R. S. Roth, J. R. Dennis and K. L. Davis, Phase Diagrams for Ceramists, American Ceramic Society, Columbus, Ohio (1987).Google Scholar
- F. H. Garzon, J. G. Beery, D. M. Brown, R. J. Sherman and I. D. Raistrick, submitted to Appl. Phys. Lett.Google Scholar
- J. M. Tarascon, L. H. Greene, B. G. Bagley, W. R. McKinnon P. Barboux and G. W. Hull in Novel Superconductivity eds. S. A. Wolf and V. Z. Kresin. Plenum, New York (1987).Google Scholar
- K. Wasa, M. Kitabatake, H. Adachi, K. Setsune and K. Hirochi in Thin Film Processing and Characterization of High Temperature Superconductors eds. J. M. E. Harper, R. J. Colton and L. C. Feldman, American Inst. Pysics, NY 1988.Google Scholar
- L H. Allen, P. R. Broussard, J. H. Claassen and S. A. Wolf Appl. Phys. Lett. 53 1338 (1988).Google Scholar
- M. G. Forester, M. Gottlieb, J. R. Gavaler and A. I. Braginski Appl. Phys. Lett. 53 1332 (1988).Google Scholar
- D. P. Osterman, R. Drake, R. Pratt, E. K. Track, M. Radparvar and S. M. Faris, To be published.Google Scholar