Variational Methods for Analyzing Limit Cycles in B.W.R.
In this paper we analize the phenomenological nonlinear model of BWR dynamics (lumped model). To study the model we develop two general techniques which introduce coordinate systems in which computations are more easily carried out: Center Manifolds method and Normal forms method. The analytical study reveals that if the equilibrium point have a pair pure imaginary eigenvalues, a Hopf bifurcation arises and the solutions are stable limit cycles.
KeywordsManifold Boiling Dinates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. WAARANPERA and S. ANDERSON. Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc. 39, 868 (1981)Google Scholar
- 2.E. GIALDI, S. GRIFONI, C. PARMEGGIANI, and C. TRICOLL “Core Stability in Operating BWR: Operational Experience”. Proc. Specialist Mtg. Reactor Noise SMORN IV. Dijon. France, Octuber. 15–19, 1984Google Scholar
- 3.J. MARCH-LEUBA, D. G. CACUCI, R. B. PEREZ. “Nonlinear Dynamics and Stability of Boiling Water Reactors”. Part 1: Qualitative Analysis. Nuclear Science and Engineering. 93. 111–123 (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.J. MARCH-LEUBA, D. G. CACUCI, R. B. PEREZ. “Nonlinear Dynamics and Stability of Boiling Water Reactors”. Part 2: Quantitive Analysis. Nuclear Science and Engineering. 93. 124–136 (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.J. GUCKENHEIMER AND P. HOLMES. “Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of vector fields”. Springer Verlag. 1986Google Scholar
- 7.T. PARKER and L. CHUA. “Chaos: A tutorial for engineers”. Proceedings of the IEEE. August 1987Google Scholar