Characteristics of Adaptiveness and Self-Organizing as Applied to the Non Linear Nuclear Systems
Supervising a operating nuclear reactor accurately with as short as time delay as possible is becoming more important as the demands increase for operating safety. The non linear and non stationary phenomena in a reactor may be one of the technical barriers to build a dynamic model permitting supervision and control. It appears that the characteristics of adaptiveness and self-organizing could extend the applicability of the conventional linear model to non linear and non stationary dynamics. The autoregressive (AR) and the adaptive digital filter (ADF) modeling techniques have been introduced for this study. The ADF is simple enough to permit real time modeling and can respond to non stationary and non linear state variations, but the AR technique needs complex time consuming computation. Application of ADF to anomaly detection and diagnosis of nuclear systems is discussed. Further, the stability monitoring method is discussed. Both of these have been confirmed by feasibility studies. Finally, adaptiveness of the reactor control method is discussed to assure its usefulness for operating efficiency.
KeywordsInnovation Process Anomaly Detection Noise Analysis Nuclear System Decay Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Uhrig, R.E. ed. (1964), Noise Analysis in Nuclear Systems, USAEC Symposium Series No. 4.Google Scholar
- 2.Fukunishi, K. (1976), Neutron Noise Analysis of BWR Using time Series Analysis, Proc. of IAEA/NPPCI Specialists’ Meeting, MRR 160, 53.Google Scholar
- 3.Williams, M.M.R and McCormick, N.J. ed., Prog. Nucl. Energy vol. 9 (1982, SMORN III), vol. 15 (1985, SMORN IV), (1988, SMORN V).Google Scholar
- 4.Konno, H. (1987), Presented at SMORN V, 13.4. and ibid. (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.Fukunishi, K. (1977), Nucl. Sci. Eng., 62, 215.Google Scholar
- 7.Fukunishi, K. (1978), Nucl. Sci. Eng., 67, 296.Google Scholar
- 9.White, S.A. (1975), An Adaptive Recursive Digital Filter, Proc. 9th Asilomar Conf. Circuits, Systems and Computers, 21Google Scholar
- 11.Fukunishi, K., Ohga, Y., Tanji., Kishi, S., Murata, F. and Hashimoto, S. (1984), A Computerized Operation Guidance Method for Post-Trip Transient Control of BWRs, Proc. IAEA Seminar, IAEA-SR-105/34.Google Scholar
- 12.Fukunishi, K. and Suzuki, S. (1987), Nucl. Tecnol., 78, 132.Google Scholar
- 13.Suzuki, S., Fukunishi, K., Kishi, S., Yoshimoto, Y. and Kishimoto, K. (1986), Nucl. Techno1., 74, 132.Google Scholar
- 14.Suzuki, S. and Fukunishi, K. (1982), Nucl. Techno1., 58, 379.Google Scholar