Environmental and Health Impact Assessment of Soil Pollutants: The Seveso Accident as a Typical Example
Part of the NATO · Challenges of Modern Society book series (NATS, volume 12)
It is well known that the health impact of soil-contained contaminants may be both direct and indirect and can be exerted through complex environmental pathways and food-chains.
KeywordsEpigeal Part Health Impact Assessment Bean Root Environmental Release Lombardia Region
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cocucci, S., 1980, “Absorption, translocation and elimination of TCDD by plants in contaminated soil”, International Steering Committee 3rd Meeting, March 30–April 1, Segrate (Milano), Italy.Google Scholar
- Di Domenico, A., Viviano, G., and Zapponi, G., 1982a, Environmental persistence of 2,3,7,8-TCDD at Seveso, in: “Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds. Impact on the Environment”, O. Hutzinger, R. Frei, E. Merian, and F. Pocchiari, eds., Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Di Domenico, A. Viviano, G., and Zapponi, G., 1982b, Methodological problems in assessing 2,3,7,8-TCDD environmental contamination at Seveso, in: “Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds. Impact on the Environment”, 0. Hutzinger, R. Frei, E. Merian and F. Pocchiari, eds., Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Esposito, M.P., Tiernan, T.O., and Dryden, F.E., 1980, Dioxin, EPA-600/2-80-197, Cincinnati, USA.Google Scholar
- Facchetti, S., Blasso, A., Fichtner, C., Frare, G., Leoni, A., and Mauri, G., and Vasconi, M., 1984, “Studi relativi all’assunzione di TCDD da parte di alcune specie vegetali”, Atti del Convegno “La risposta tecnologica agli inquinamenti chimici”, September 20–22, 1984, Regione Lombardia, Milano, Italy.Google Scholar
- Hay, A., 1982, “The Chemical Scyte”, Plenum Press, New York (USA).Google Scholar
- Inquiry of the experts designated by the magistrate entrusted with judiciary proceedings on the Seveso accident, Tribunale di Milano, 1979.Google Scholar
- McCall, P.J., Laskowski, I.A., Swann, R.L., and Dishburger, H.J., 1983, Estimation of environmental partitioning of organic chemicals in model ecosystems, Residue Reviews, 13: 231.Google Scholar
- Pocchiari, F., Di Domenico, A., Silano, V. and Zapponi, G.A., 1983, Environmental impact of the accidental release of tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) at Seveso (Italy), in: “Accidental Exposure to Dioxin. Human Health Aspects”, F. Coulston and F. Pocchiari, eds., Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1989