Doping in Two Dimensions: The δ-Layer
Dopant atoms incorporated as a sheet in a single atomic layer during an interruption of molecular-beam-epitaxy growth are shown to provide a novel 2-D system of carriers. We consider the electronic properties of such a δ(z)-function doping layer of Si in GaAs.
KeywordsGallium Arsenide Tunneling Spectroscopy Subband Energy Solid Phase Epitaxy Single Atomic Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /l/.A. Zrenner, H. Reisinger, F. Koch, and K. Ploog: Proc. of the 17th International Conf. on the Physics of Semiconductors, San Francisco, 1984, edited by J.P. Chadi and W.A. Harrison (Springer Verlag, New York. 1985), p. 325Google Scholar
- /2/.D. Grützmacher and P. Balk have prepared those samples; results will be published.Google Scholar
- /5/.A. Zrenner and F. Koch, Proc. of the EP2DS VII (Santa Fé, 1987)Google Scholar
- /6/.A. Zrenner and F. Koch, Proc. of the 18th Int. Conf. on the Physics of Semiconductors, Stockholm 1986, ed. by O. Engström (World Scientific, Singapore 1987), p. 1523Google Scholar
- /7/.F. Koch, A. Zrenner, and M. Zachau, Springer Series in Solid State Sciences 67, 175 (1986)Google Scholar
- /8/.A. Zrenner, F. Koch, and K. Ploog, Proc. of the 14th Int. Symp. on Gallium Arsenide and Related Compounds (Crete 1987)Google Scholar
- /10/.A. Zrenner, F. Koch, and K. Ploog, Proc. of the Int. Conf. on the Application of High Magnetic Fields in Semiconductor Physics (Würzburg, 1986)Google Scholar
- /11/.A. Zrenner et al., to be published in Semiconductor Science and TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- /14/.K. Ploog, Proc. of the 14th Int. Symp. on Gallium Arsenide and Related Compounds (Crete 1987)Google Scholar