Adaptive User Interfaces for Information Systems: An Evaluation
This paper discusses the implications for evaluation procedures of adaptive systems, and describes the results of applying the suggested approach to an adaptive front-end to an electronic mail system. The results are discussed and interpreted, and as a result, suggestions are made on how the system may be improved.
KeywordsUser Model Adaptive System Context Switch Session Figure User Difficulty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alvey Committee, 1982, A Programme for Advanced Information Technology, HMSO ref ISBN 0 11 5136533.Google Scholar
- Hardy, S., 1984, “Poplog: A New Software Environment for List Processing and Logic Programming”, Artificial Intelligence, Harper and Row, pp. 110–136.Google Scholar
- Moran, T. P., 1981, “An Applied Psychology of the User”, Computer Surveys, 13.Google Scholar
- Rich, E., 1979, Building and Exploiting User Models, Building and Exploiting User Models, Ph.D. Thesis, Carnegie Mellon University.Google Scholar
- Sleeman, D., and Brown, J. S., 1982, Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Academic Press.Google Scholar