Pharmacokinetic Studies in Man
When I was invited to present this lecture, I went through my listing of over 300 articles and found that 62 of those articles were involved with original research papers involving human studies on 40 different drugs. I chose 21 of the 62 articles to present today. Before I discuss individual human studies, I wish to provide some background information.
KeywordsMolar Equivalent Tetracycline Hydrochloride Enteric Coated Tablet Tolmetin Sodium Average Plasma Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.G. Wagner et al, Serum concentrations after rectal administration of lincomycin hydrochloride J. Clin. Pharmacol. 8: 154–163 (1968).Google Scholar
- J.G. Wagner et al, Relative absorption of both tetracycline and penicillin G administered rectally in aqueous solution, Int. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 2: 44–51 (1969).Google Scholar
- J.G. Wagner, Some experiences in the evaluation of dosage forms of drugs in man, Compilation of Symposia Papers Presented at the 5th National Meeting of: A.Ph.A. Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences, American Pharmaceutical Association, Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington, D.C., 1970, pp. 420–465.Google Scholar
- N. Gerber and J. G. Wagner, Explanation of the dose-dependent decline of diphenylhydantoin plasma levels by fitting to the integrated form of the Michaelis-Menten equation, Res. Comm. Chem. Path. Pharmacol. 3: 455–466 (1972).Google Scholar
- K.S. Albert et al, Plasma concentrations of diphenylhydantoin, its p-hydroxylated metabolite and corresponding glucuronide in man, Res. Comm. Chem. Path. Pharmacol. 9: 463–470 (1974).Google Scholar
- K.S. Albert et al, Pharmacokinetics of diphenhydramine in man, J. Pharmacokin. Biopharm. 3: 159–170 (1975).Google Scholar
- Y.-J. Lin et al, Effects of solid food on blood levels of alcohol in man; Res. Comm. Chem. PATH. Pharmacol. 13: 713–722 (1976).Google Scholar
- A.V. Tembo et al, Bioavailability of predniso- lone tablets, J. Pharmacokin. Biopharm. 5: 207–224 (1977)Google Scholar
- J.W. Ayres et al, Pharmacokinetics of tolmetin with and without concomitant administration of antacid in man, Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol.Google Scholar
- G.J. Szpunar et al, Pharmacokinetics of flurb- iprofen in man. I. Area/dose relationships. Biopharm. Drug Dispos. accepted October 24, 1986.Google Scholar