Macroscopic and Microscopic Perspectives of Termolecular Association of Atomic Reactants in a Gas
Part of the Physics of Atoms and Molecules book series (PAMO)
The sequence normally invoked to explain the termolecular association process
where the associating pair (A-B) may be a positive ion-negative ion or a positive ion-neutral pair, is the energy-transfer sequence characterized in macroscopic terms as
KeywordsDissociation Limit Stabilization Probability Centrifugal Barrier Diffusional Drift Dissociation Threshold
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Flannery, M. R., 1982a, Ion-Ion Recombination in High Pressure Plasmas, in: “Applied Atomic Collision Physics, Vol. 3”, E. W. McDaniel and W. L. Nighan, eds., Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Flannery, M. R., 1987 (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Flannery, M. R., and Mansky, E. J., 1987 (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Forst, W., 1973, Theory of Unimolecular Reactions, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Pitaevskii, L. P., 1962, Soviet Physics-JETP 15: 919Google Scholar
- Thomson, J. J., 1924, Phil. Mag., 47:337Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1987