Polarized Antiprotons from Antihydrogen
Beams of polarized antiprotons are continuously requested by intermediate and high-energy physicists. As in the nucleon-nucleon system, spin observables play a key role also for the antinucleon-nucleon system. In the latter case the study of these observables is even more important since the Pauli principle, which reduces the number of independent amplitudes in the NN system, does not apply here. An urgent search for a method of polarizing antiprotons is going on.
KeywordsStorage Ring Spin Observable Magnetic Substate Momentum Spread Antihydrogen Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Workshop on Polarized Antiprotons, Bodega Bay, 1985, A.D. Krisch, A.M.T. Lin and O. Chamberlain, eds., AIP Conference Proc. No. 145, New York (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Steffens et al., Proposal for measurement of spin dependence of pp interaction at low momenta, in Proc. Third LEAR Workshop on Physics with Cooled Low-Energy Antiprotons in the ACOL Era, Tignes, 1985,Google Scholar
- 2a.U. Gastaldi, R. Klapisch, J.-M. Richard and J. Tran Thanh Van, eds., Editions Frontières, Gif-sur-Yvette (1984), p. 245.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Onel, A. Penzo and R. Rossmanith, A spin-splitter for antiprotons in low energy storage rings, in Proc. Conf. on the Intersection between Particle and Nuclear Physics, Lake Louise, 1986,Google Scholar
- 3a.D.F. Geesaman, ed., AIP Conf. Proc. No. 150, New York (1986), p. 1229.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Poth and A. Wolf, Antiproton polarization through antihydrogen, KfK 4098 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Neumann, Possible experiments with antihydrogen, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Imai, in Proc. 6th Int. Symposium on Polarization Phenomena in Nuclear Physics, Osaka, 1985, M. Kudo et al., eds.,Google Scholar
- 7a.K. Imai, Suppl. J. Phys. Soc. Japan, 55:302 (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Sona, Energia Nucleare 14:295 (1967);Google Scholar
- 10.R.S. Conti and A. Rich, The status of high intensity, low energy positron sources for anti-hydrogen production, presented at the Workshop on Antimatter Facility, Madison, Wisconsin (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Poth, Physics with antihydrogen, in Proc. Conf. on the Intersection between Particle and Nuclear Physics, Lake Louise, 1986, D.F. Geesaman, ed., AIP Conf. Proc. No. 150, New York (1986), p. 580.Google Scholar