Polarization of Stored Antiprotons by the Stern-Gerlach Effect
Part of the Ettore Majorana International Science Series book series (EMISS, volume 31)
We discuss the polarization of stored antiproton beams by spatially separating particles with opposite spin directions, using the Stern-Gerlach effect in alternating quadrupole fields.
KeywordsQuadrupole Magnet Betatron Oscillation Super Proton Synchrotron Machine Turn Spin Phase
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T.O. Niinikoski and R. Rossmanith, preprint CERN-EP/85–46 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.T.O. Niinikoski and R. Rossmanith, Proc. 6th Int. Symp. on Polarization Phenomena in Nuclear Physics, Osaka, 1985 [Suppl. J. Phys. Soc. Japan 55:1134 (1986)].Google Scholar
- 3.T.O. Niinikoski and R. Rossmanith, Proc. Int. Workshops on Polarized Beams at the SSC, Ann Arbor, 1985, and on Polarized Antiprotons, Bodega Bay, 1985, eds. A.D. Krisch, A.M.T. Lin and O. Chamberlain (AIP Conf. Proc. No. 145, New York, 1986), p. 244.Google Scholar
- 4.T.O. Niinikoski and R. Rossmanith, Self-polarization of protons in storage rings, Brookhaven Nat. Lab. Accelerator Division Internal Report 86–4 (1986), to be published in Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Onel, A. Penzo and R. Rossmanith, Polarized antiprotons at LEAR, Proc. Symp. On High-Energy Spin Physics, Protvino, 1986 (to be published); A. Penzo, these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Leighton, Principles of modern physics (McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1959).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Grorud et al., Proc. Int. Symp. on High-Energy Spin Physics, Brookhaven, 1982 (AIP Conf. Proc. No. 95, New York, 1983), p. 407.Google Scholar
- 9.This suggestion is due to S. van der Meer (private communication).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Courant, J. Phys. 46.C2–713 (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.Ya, S. Derbenev and A. Kondratenko, Proc. Int. Symp. on High-Energy Physics with Polarized Beams and Targets, Argonne, 1978 (AIP Conf. Proc. No. 51, New York, 1979), p. 292.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1987