CP Violation in the KS → π+π-π° Decay
The failure of CP-invariance observed in K° → ππ can be represented by a single complex number1 ∈ ≃ 2.3eiπ/4 (assuming CPT-invariance2), and is compatible with the “standard model”. However there is no evidence for a CP failure except in the K° → ππ channel, and the known failure could just as well be caused by a super-weak, Δs = 2, interaction as by some pecularity of the standard model.
KeywordsInterference Term Dalitz Plot Spherical Regenerator Neutral Kaon Sector Difference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5a.R.S. Chivukula and A.V. Manohar, preprint HUTP-86/A050.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Pavlopoulos et al in “Physics with Antiprotons at LEAR in the Acol Era” (Ed. U. Gastaldi et al) Editions Frontiéres, (1985), p.467.Google Scholar
- 7.N.W. Tanner, ibid., p.483.Google Scholar
- 8.C. Amsler et al, ibid., p.353.Google Scholar
- 8a.J.A. Niskanen, ibid., p. 193.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Six, ibid., p.511.Google Scholar
- 11.P.K. Kabir, “The CP Puzzle”, Academic Press (1968) pp.65–69.Google Scholar
- 14.D.H. Perkins, “Introduction to High Energy Physics”, Addison-Wesley, 2nd Ed., (1982), pp.155, 156.Google Scholar