Transient Acoustic Scattering in Dispersive Soft Tissue
A number of equations that have been used recently to describe pulse propagation and scattering in soft tissue can be solved numerically using a recently developed spectral approach. An example of transient scattering is presented for a simple system consisting of a two-dimensional curved line radiator and a circular absorbing region with frequency dependent attenuation.
KeywordsImpulse Response Scattered Field Incident Pulse Acoustical Image Data Window
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bojarski, N. N., 1982, The k-space formulation of the scattering problem in the time domain, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 72:570–584.Google Scholar
- Bojarski, N. N., 1985, The k-space formulation of the scattering problem in the time domain: An improved single propagator formulation, J.Acoust. Soc. Am. 77:826–831.Google Scholar
- Compani-Tabrizi, B., 1986, K-space scattering formulation of the absorptive full fluid elastic scalar wave equation in the time domain, J.Acoust. Soc. Am. 79:901–905.Google Scholar
- Finette, S., 1986a, A computer model of acoustic wave scattering in soft tissue, IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., to appear.Google Scholar
- Finette, S., 1986b, Ultrasonic scattering in soft tissue: A computer simulation approach. Submitted to IEEE Trans. UFFC.Google Scholar
- Hutchins, L., and Leeman, S., 1982, Tissue parameter measurement and imaging, in: “Acoustical Imaging,” 11, J. P. Powers, ed., Plenum Press, NY, pp. 127–137.Google Scholar
- Leeman, S., 1980, Ultrasonic pulse propagation in dispersive media, Phys. Med. Biol. 25:481–488.Google Scholar
- Leeman, S., Hutchins, L., and Jones, J. P., 1981, Bounded pulse propagation, in: “Acoustical Imaging,” 10, P. Alais and A. Metherall, eds., Plenum Press, NY, pp. 427–435.Google Scholar
- Leeman, S., Hutchins, L., and Jones, J. P., 1982, Pulse scattering in dispersive media, in: “Acoustical Imaging,” 11, J. P. Powers, ed., Plenum Press, NY, 139–147.Google Scholar
- Mastey, P., and Finette, S., 1985, The impulse response and transient field of a curved ultrasonic line radiator, Proc. 11th Ann. Northeast Biomed. Eng. Conf., W. S. Kuklinski and W. J. Ohley, eds., IEEE Press, pp. 189–191.Google Scholar
- Penttinen, A., and Luukkala, M., 1976, The impulse response and pressure near field of a curved ultrasonic radiator, J. Phys. D: Appl.Phys., 1547–1557.Google Scholar