So wrote the Hebrew philosophers-prophets-scholars in about 1000 BC or earlier, in a description of Creation that is so prescient as to give great credence to the belief of both the Jewish and Christian religions that it was divinely inspired. For, in the beginning, Radiation was all there was: Pure energy, in the “Big Bang”, which gradually congealed into matter.
KeywordsSpectral Radiance Radiation Transport Resonance Radiation Christian Religion Pressure Mercury Vapor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Elenbaas, W., 1951, “The High Pressure Mercury Vapor Discharge”, North Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Lagushenko, R., 1984, J. IES 14:306.Google Scholar
- Mitchell, A. G. and Zemansky, M. W., 1934 and 1961, “Resonance Radiation and Excited Atoms”, Cambridge University Press, London.Google Scholar
- Wood, R. W., 1902, Phil. Mag. 3:128;Google Scholar
- Wood, R. W., 1903, Phil. Mag. 6:362.Google Scholar