X-rays Low Dose Relationships within the G2 Phase of Chinese Hamster Cells
Heterogeneous chromosomal radiosensitivity was found in the G2 phase of a newly established cell line (line 19/1) of Chinese hamster (Cricetulus griseus, 2 n = 22) during the first five-hour testing period after 100 cGy x-irradiation. Metaphases showed maximal aberration frequencies when they were fixed in the first or fourth hour after irradiation. Dose effect correlations for the first hour colchicine collection time show between 5-100 cGy irradiations significantly more aberrations than non-irradiated control cells within the lowest radiation dose of 5 cGy too.
KeywordsConditioned Medium Colchicine Treatment Establish Cell Line Dicentric Chromosome Aberration Frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.BEIR III, National Academy Press, National Academy of Sciences, New York (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.P. N. Rao, Molecular Cellular Biochem. 29:47 (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.W. Schmid, in: “Human Chromosome Methodology,” J. J. Yunis, ed., Academic Press, New York/London (1965), p. 91.Google Scholar
- 15.W. K. Sinclair, in: “Proceedings of the Third International Congress of Radiation Research Cortina d’ Ampezzo,” G. Silini, ed., North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam (1967), p. 607.Google Scholar
- 16.E. Takahashi, in: “Seventh International Chromosome Conference, Oxford,” (1980), p. 99, Abst.Google Scholar