The Ionic Microscope Enables the Visualization of Stable Iodine within Follicles of the Human Thyroid Gland
The functional characterization of thyroid cells is an important factor in thyroid tumor typing (1). This characterization should be possible with the development of cytochemical (2) and in situ hybridization techniques (3). Analytical ion microscopy (4,5), which is based on secondary ion spectrometry, makes possible an imaging of the distribution of a given stable or labeled element on a tissue section (6,7). The purpose of this study was to visualize stable iodine within the human thyroid follicle.
KeywordsThyroid Cancer Human Thyroid Ionic Microscope Hurthle Cell Cold Nodule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fragu P. In C Jaffiol (ed), Proceedings of the 1st European Meeting on Thyroid Cancer, Montpellier 1985, Except Med ICS, Amsterdam, 1985, in press.Google Scholar
- 2.Caillou B, Talbot M, Schlumberger M, et al. Ann Med Interne 135: 365, 1984.Google Scholar
- 4.Castaing R and Slodzian G. J Microscopie 1: 395, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Larras-Regard E and Siami K. CT Acad Sci, 1985 (in press).Google Scholar
- 11.Fragu P and Larras-Regard E. CR Acad Sci, 1985 (in press).Google Scholar