Integrated System Optimisation and Parameter Estimation Technique Using a Distributed Hierarchical Computer System
The practical implementation of an integrated system optimization and parameter estimation technique for hierarchical control of steady state systems has been investigated using a distributed hierarchical computer system. Problems associated with the on-line implementation of the technique have been discussed and methods for dealing with these problems are suggested and have been tested in the real-time situation. It is demonstrated that a double iterative version of the technique has important advantages under real time operation.
KeywordsLocal Unit Hierarchical Control Steady State Measurement Parameter Estimation Technique Optimum Steady State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brdys, M., S. Chen and P.D. Roberts, 1984. An extension to the modified two step algorithm for steady state system optimisation and parameter estimation. Research Report CEC/MB/SC/PDR-14, Control Engineering Centre, The City University, London.Google Scholar
- Brdyś, M. and P.D. Roberts, 1984. Optimal structures for steady-state adaptive optimising control of large scale industrial processes. Research Report, CEC/MB-PDR/1, Control Engineering Centre, The City University, London.Google Scholar
- Chen, S., M. Brdys and P.D. Roberts, 1985. An integrated system optimisation and parameter estimation technique for hierarchical control of steady state systems. Research Report, CEC/SC-MB-PDR/19, Control Engineering Centre, The City University, London.Google Scholar
- Michalska, H., J.E. Ellis and P.D. Roberts, 1984. Joint coordination method for the optimizing control of large scale systems. Research Report, CEC/HM-JEE-PDR/2, Control Engineering Centre, The City University, London.Google Scholar
- Roberts, P.D. and J.E. Ellis, 1981. Refinements to an algorithm for combined system optimisation and parameter estimation. Proc. of the 1981 UKSC Conference on Computer Simulation, Harrogate, England, pp. 245–251.Google Scholar
- Roberts, P.D., C.W. Li, I.A. Stevenson and D.S. Wadhwani, 1984. On-line distributed hierarchical control and optimisation of large scale processes using a microcomputer based system. Preprints of the First European Workshop on the ‘Real Time Control of Large Scale System’, University of Patras, Greece, pp. 432–441.Google Scholar
- Stevenson, I.A., D.S. Wadhwani, J.E Ellis, C.W. Li and P.D. Roberts, 1984. A distributed computer network and its application to systems control. 6th European Conference on Electrotechnics, “Eurocon’84”, Computers in Communication and Control, Brighton, United Kingdom, pp. 189–193.Google Scholar
- Kratos Computer Systems Ltd., I-MIC manual.Google Scholar
- S & H Computer Systems Inc., TSX-PLUS manual.Google Scholar