Welcome to the “International Conference on Mechanisms of Antimutagenesis and Anticarcinogenesis.” We are delighted that so many of you have chosen to attend this first meeting on this important topic.
KeywordsEllagic Acid Sorbic Acid Antimutagenic Action Plant Phenol Polycyclic Aromatic Hydro
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Aukerman, S.L., R.B. Brundett, J. Hilton, and P.E. Hartman (1983) Effect of plasma and carboxylesterase on the stability, mutagenicity and DNA cross-linking activity of some direct-acting N-nitroso compounds. Cancer Res. 43:175–181.Google Scholar
- 3.Clarke, C.H., and D.M. Shankel (1975) Antimutagenesis in microbial systems. Bacteriol. Rev. 39:33–56.Google Scholar
- 4.Garfield, E. (1982) Risk analysis. Part 2. How we evaluate the health risks of toxic substances in the environment. Current Contents 35:5–11.Google Scholar
- 5.Higginson, J. (1981) Rethinking the environmental causation of human cancer. Food Cosmet. Toxicol. 19:539–548.Google Scholar
- 6.Inoue, T., K. Morita, and T. Kada (1981) Purification and properties of a plant desmutagenic factor for the mutagenic principle of tryptophan pyrolysate. Agric. Biol. Chem. 45(2):343–353.Google Scholar
- 9.Kada, T., and E. Mochizuki (1981) Antimutagenic activities of human placental extract on ultraviolet-light and gamma-ray-induced mutations in Escherichia coli. Radiat. Res. 22:297–302.Google Scholar
- 10.Mochizuki, H., and T. Kada (1982) Antimutagenic action of mammalian placental extracts on mutations iniduced in Escherichia coli by UV- radiation. X-rays and N-methyl-N1-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine. Mutat. Res. 95:457–474.Google Scholar
- 12.Nishioka, H., and K. Nishi (1981) Effect of human saliva and its components on mutagenicity of carcinogens. Science Engr. Revs. Doshisha Univ. 22:124–133.Google Scholar
- 13.Ohta, T., K. Watanabe, M. Moriya, and Y. Shirasu (1983) Antimutagenic effects of cinnaraaldehyde on chemical mutagenesis in Escherichia coli. Mutat. Res. 107:219–227.Google Scholar
- 14.Osawa, T., H. Ishibashi, M. Namiki, and T. Kada (1980) Desmutagenic actions of ascorbic acid and cysteine on a new pyrrole mutagen formed by the reaction between food additives: Sorbic acid and sodium nitrite. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 95:835–841.Google Scholar
- 16.Wattenberg, L.W. (1983) Inhibition of neoplasia by minor dietary constituents. Cancer Res. 43(Suppl.):2448–2459.Google Scholar
- 17.Wood, A.W., M.-T. Huang, R.L. Chang, H.L. Newmark, R.E. Lehr, H. Yagi, J.M. Sayer, D.M. Jerina, and A.H. Conney (1982) Inhibition of the mutagenicity of bay-region diol epoxides of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by naturally-occurring plant phenols: Exceptional activity of ellagic acid. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., USA 79:5513–5517.CrossRefGoogle Scholar