Hypernuclear Experiments, Low-Energy Antiproton Physics and Quark Structure of Nuclei
It was a pleasant surprise to find out that the structure functions of nucleons get changed in nuclei, and thus we obtained an excellent new method to study the nuclear structure at Q2 » 1 GeV2. At these Q2 the physics of the nuclear probes is believed to be understood quite well. Understanding the nuclear structure functions may eventually lead to the formulation of the nuclear structure in terms of the quarks.
KeywordsStrange Quark Nuclear Force Strange Particle Nuclear Phenomenon Additive Quark Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.see for example R. Castaldi and G. Sanguinetti, Elastic scattering and total cross sections at very high energies, to be published in “Annual Review of Nuclear and Particle Science 1986”, CERN-EP/85–36.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Eisenhandler et al., Nucl. Phys. B11: 31 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Bruckner et al., Max-Planck-Institut far Kernphysik, Heidelberg, Jahresbericht 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Rith, private communication.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Povh, Progr. Part. Nucl. Phys., ed. D. Wilkinson, Pergamon Press, Oxford, Vol. 5, 1981, p. 245 ff.Google Scholar