Monoclonal Antibodies to Rat Plasma Kininogen
Spleen cells from Balb/c mice immunized with purified rat plasma kininogen were fused to P-3 mouse myeloma cells. Positive clones were identified by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), cloned successively two times with limiting dilution and expanded as ascites tumors. Five hybridomas were developed that produced monoclonal antibodies against plasma kininogen. Two of the secreted antibodies were of the IgG1(k) isotype and the remaining three were of the IgG1(λ), IgG2A(k) and IgM(k) isotypes respectively. The specificity of the monoclonal antibodies was confirmed by the immunoprecipitation of kininogen with the antibodies coupled to Sepharose-4B followed by SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. These monoclonal antibodies recognize at least two distinct epitopes on rat plasma kininogen.
KeywordsAscites Fluid Mouse Myeloma Cell Antibody Pair Distinct Epitope Antimouse Immunoglobulin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Z. Movat, in: “Brady-kinin, Kallidin and Kallikrein,” E. G. Erdos, ed., Springer-Verlag, New York (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Balwierczak, G. S. Bedi, and N. Back, Adv. Expt. Med, and Biol., 156B: 727–740 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.H. C. Li and N. Back, Prep. Biochem., 561–579 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Back and R. Steger, in: “Bradykinin and Related Peptides,” F. Sicuteri, M. Rocha E Silva, and N. Back, eds., Plenum Press, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Back and R. Steger, in: Vasopeptides: Chemistry, Pharmacology and Pathophysiology, N. Back and F. Sicuteri, eds., Plenum Press, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.H. C. Li, W. F. McLimans, and N. Back, Biochem. Pharmac., 26: 1187–1195 (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.G. S. Bedi, J. Balwierczak, and N. Back, Adv. Expt. Med, and Biol., 156B: 705–726 (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.R. H. Kennett, T. J. McKearn, and K. B. Bechtol, in: “Monoclonal Antibodies and Hybridomas: A New Dimension in Biological Analysis,” Plenum Press, New York (1980).Google Scholar
- 15.E. Engvall, in: Methods in Enzymology, H. V. Vanakis and J. J. Langone, eds., Vol. 7OA, Academic Press, New York (1980).Google Scholar