Characterization of Kininogen Deficiency of Brown Norway Rat Mutant Katholiek Strain
A deficiency in the plasma kallikrein-kinin system of Brown Norway rat mutant Katholiek strain (B/N-Ka), first reported by Damas et al. was further characterized. The prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) of B/N-Ka rat plasma was corrected by an addition of rat HMW- kininogen, indicating B/N-Ka rat is deficient in HMW kininogen.
The study of kinin-release of plasmas of the three strains of rat (B/N-ka, B/N Ki and SD) by several kininogenases expressed that B/N-Ka rat is deficient in LMW kininogen, in addition to HMW kininogen deficiency.
The plasmas of the three strains of rat were gel-filtered through Sephacryl S-200 gel and profiles of kinin-release of the fractions were examined by several kininogenases. The result demonstrated that normal rat plasma contains three kinds of kininogen (HMW and LMW kininogens, and T-kininogen), and B/N-Ka plasma contains only T-kininogen.
B/N-Ka rat plasma demonstrated T-kininogen antigen but no HMW kininogen by the study of immunodiffusion using their antisera raised in rabbits.
KeywordsActivate Partial Thromboplastin Time Lower Molecular Weight Fraction Plasma Kallikrein High Molecular Weight Kininogen Urinary Kallikrein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.I. Hayashi, H. Kato, S. Iwanaga, and S. Oh-Ishi, Rat plasma HMW kininogen: A simple method for purification and its characterization, J. Biol. Chem. (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Enjyoji, H. Kato, S. Iwanaga, I. Hayashi, and S. Oh-Ishi, Purification and characterization of two LMW kininogens from rat plasma, Seikagaku (in Japanese, Abstrc.), 56, 759, (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.I. Hayashi, T. Ino, H. Kato, S. Iwanaga, K. Yamazaki, K. Satoh, S. Oh-Ishi, and T. Nakano, Blood coagulation and plasma kinin system in HMW kininogen-deficient rat (B/N-Katholiek): Roles of rat HMW kininogen, Jap. J. Pharmacol. 36, Suppl., 75P, (1984) (Abstract).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Harbermann, Kininogens, in: Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, eds. E. G. Erdos and A. F. Wilde, 25, pp. 250–228, Springer- Verlag, Berlin, (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Uchida and M. Katori, An improved method for determination of the total kininogen in rabbit and human plasma, Biochem. Pharmacol., 27, 1463–1470, (1978).Google Scholar