Topics in the Physics of Particle Accelerators
High energy physics, perhaps more than any other branch of science, is driven by technology. It is not the development of theory, or consideration of what measurements to make, which are the driving elements in our science. Rather it is the development of new technology which is the pacing item.
KeywordsStorage Ring High Energy Physic Particle Accelerator Coupling Impedance Transverse Instability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Bruck, “Circular Particle Accelerators,” PUF, Paris (1966). Translated by Los Alamos National Laboratory, LA-TR-72–10 Rev.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Sands, “The Physics of Electron Storage Rings, An Introduction,” Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, SLAC-121 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.Theoretical Aspects of the Behavior of Beams in Accelerators and Storage Rings,“ CERN 77–13 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Carrigan, F. R. Huson, and M. Month, editors, “Physics of High Energy Particle Accelerators,” American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings No. 87 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Month, “Physics of High Energy Particle Accelerators,” American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings No. 105 (1983).Google Scholar